Are you passionate about black storytelling? We currently have the following job opening:
Location: Providence, Rhode Island
Hybrid: Some work may be done remotely; however, in person office hours will be required
Salary: $25-$28 hr
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 12-15 hours minimum to start
The Rhode Island Black Storytellers is a well-respected cultural-arts organization that is in an exciting transition to become a sustainable organization ready to impact the world for the next 25 years and beyond! If you are interested in bringing your skills and passion for culture and the arts to a place where you can make a real difference, this job could be for you! You will work with seasoned professional artists and a dynamic, committed Board of Directors to help us sustain and grow our current programs, and implement a new training course to create a new generation of Black storytellers.
Job Description: Rhode Island Black Storytellers (RIBS) is seeking a Managing Director (MD) who is deeply committed to the RIBS mission and vision, and who works well in a fast-paced environment. This part-time consulting position will start with a minimum of 12-15 hours weekly with the intention of moving to a permanent, full-time staff position. The MD reports to and works directly with the Creative Director (CD).
- Supervise administrative staff
- Generate and manage consultant contracts for artists, staff and organizations
- Work with CD and grant writer for grant oversight: compliance and reporting
- Manage all facility issues including physical space, equipment supplies, internet/media upgrades
SYSTEMS and Program MANAGEMENT
- Works with CD to create RIBS Master calendar; oversee once in place
- Organizes Inter/Intra organizational communications system to include Board members, staff, storytellers and other consultants
- Oversees and works with marketing consultant to coordinate marketing, media and brand consistency
- Financial oversight: Creates and manages budget; works with Board Finance committee and CD
- Track income and expenses; assure timely bill payment and reimbursements
- Work with accountant to produce board and other financial reports
- Works with CD and Board on Fundraising.
- 3-5 years nonprofit experience.
- Budget Management/projections experience
- Strong proficiency in the Google Suite (sheets, docs, forms), Adobe Acrobat, and Constant Contact
- Knowledge of Melio, basic bookkeeping, and Quickbooks
- Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to work independently
- Highly organized
- Presents a professional image as a representative of RIBS.
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality relative to work performed.
- Establishes/maintains professional working relationships with staff, tellers, Board members, partner agencies, and the community.
BIPOC encouraged to apply. RI Black Storytellers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.